If you’re visiting the Sunshine Coast between July and November, then you don’t want to miss seeing whales up close and personal with one of these amazing Sunshine Coast whale watching experiences, all departing from nearby Mooloolaba. There’s even a chance to swim with the whales!
Mooloolaba 2 Hour Whale Watching Experience by Adventure Rafting
Enjoy front row seats to the spectacular migration of humpbacks this region is famous for. Complete with a live stream of underwater footage thanks to their state-of-the-art HD technology.
- 2 hour whale watching cruise
- Entertaining and informative commentary
- State of the art underwater camera and underwater hydrophone to witness whales underwater and to listen to the whales sing
- Whale watching like you’ve never experienced
- Witness breath-taking breaches, loud tail slaps, spy hops and penduncle throws
- State-of-the-art underwater HD cameras live stream all of the underwater action right to your seat
- Brand new hydrophone allows you to hear the whales sing as they play, making it a fully immersive experience
- The best of the action above and below the water
- Up close and personal without the crowds
- Less travel time, more whale time
- Family owned and operated company with over 30 years of experience in the tourism industry
Mooloolaba 1.5 Hour Whale Watching Adventure by Adventure Rafting
Witness the Humpback Whale Migration up close and personal during a Sunshine Coast Whale Watching cruise exclusively for nine guests only. Enjoy the ride of your life as you jump on the high-speed, open-air RIB vessel for a speedy, hair raising adventure out to sea.
- 90 minutes spectacular humpback whale watching experience in Mooloolaba
Small Group Whale Watching Tour from Mooloolaba by Sunshine Coast Afloat
Get ready for a breathtaking encounter with Humpback Whales with a maximum of 23 passengers, this Sunshine Coast whale watching cruise ensures each guest experiences panoramic views wherever the Humpback Whales pop up around the vessel.
- Coastline & Whale Watching Cruise
- Safety briefing
- Light refreshments
- Experienced and informative crew
- Rail side viewing
- Scenic waterways cruise
- Rail side viewing
- Low passenger numbers (Max 23 passengers)
- Full walk around deck
- No crowds
- Personalised Service
- Expert commentary
- Great view platform – not too high off the water
- Get up close and personal with these gentle giants of the sea and encounter pods of dolphins and turtles that are usually regular sightings
Whale Watching Cruise from Mooloolaba by Sunreef Mooloolaba
Embark on a whale watching tour that is jam-packed with spectacular scenery and up-close whale encounters all of which make for a satisfying day out for wildlife lovers of all ages as these highly intelligent, massive creatures come right up to the boat!
- 2.5-3 Hours Whale Watching Cruise
- 100% Whale Sighting Guarantee or receive a FREE return cruise
- Iconic luxury 65 foot catamaran Whale One
- Adventure of a lifetime along the beautiful coastline of Mooloolaba
- Witness the magnificent humpback whales throughout their winter migration to breed and mate off the coast of Queensland
- Amazing photo opportunities
- Get close to the gentle giants
- Eco Tourism Certified
- Experienced crew
Swim with the Whales Tour from Mooloolaba by Sunreef Mooloolaba
Hit the waters for an Australian-first aquatic experience, on a tour to swim with Humpback whales in the waters off Queensland’s Sunshine Coast! Take advantage of this rare opportunity to join in a truly life-changing experience, swimming alongside one of the world’s largest and most gentle creatures over the course of a half day 4 hour tour with a limited maximum group size of 15 people to keep the experience both uncrowded and eco-friendly.
- Swim with Humpback Whales
- 4 hour trip
- Full briefing
- Wetsuits and snorkelling equipment
- Certified PADI DIvemasters and Instructors as guides
- Snack onboard and when you return to the shop
- Come aboard our two vessels ‘Wild One’ and ‘Tsunami’
- The whale swimming and watching operations work out of Mooloolaba in the heart of Queensland’s Naturally Refreshing Sunshine Coast
- During the trip we often get to see these majestic creatures giving breathtaking displays of breaching, lob tailing and pectoral fin slaps
- Small group tour – minimum numbers are 8, maximum 15
- 100% natural experience!
For more information and to book your Whale Watching Sunshine Coast Tour or Swim with the Whales in Mooloolaba – click Sunshine Coast Whale Watching Tours.
Book Sunshine Coast accommodation staying in the centrally located Elouera Towers Maroochydore offering a selection of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom fully self-contained holiday apartments and excellent onsite facilities including swimming pool and tennis court.
*Tours are subject to change and cancellation please check directly with tour operator for the latest details.